Cypripedium pubescens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
Running a bit late this year due to the cold spring. However, since the temps have been comfortable with no high heat days yet, the flowers are lasting better than in past years. They smell great too!

33371.jpg

33372.jpg

33373.jpg

33395.jpg

33375.jpg

I planted these about 10 years ago. I made the bed by building a frame out of 2 x 4's approximately 2.5' x 8'. I placed it on top of the grass and filled it with ProMix HP. I then planted the dormant roots with the eyes just poking out of the ProMix. Then, I covered the whole thing with small size coconut husk chips to a depth of about 1". Other than watering when it's dry and a little feeding, that's it. Last year in the early spring and again this year in early May, I gave them just one liberal sprinkling of Miracle Grow 10-10-10 slow release granules. That's it for feeding as the slow release granules will feed them all summer long.

Last edited:
Just wonderful John. What a stunning display. I would tell you that I'm envious you can grow these but then Canberra is cold enough as it is. So I'm happy just to appreciate yours.

Back