Cypripedium malipoensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yijiawang

Reaction score
Cute toilet~ with huge beautiful leaves.

But hard to grow because very sensitive for fungi. Cannot tolerate any yellow foliage cover or rot spike touch plants. Temperature requirement is ok because from lowland area. Similar shape to C.lichiangense but very different temperature habits.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 17
That is very cool. How long have you been growing this species?

It is the second time that plant in spike. the first flower is wither because watering from top---must avoid like that. I found though this species is easy to rot, rhizome is easy to produce new nose too. If big plant was destroyed by fungi or other reason, cleaning dead plant, live rhizome will grow 3 or 5 new small shoots, and these noses will in flower in 1 or 2 years.

Another C.malipoensis main plant was destroyed in this early spring by mouse, but rhizome produce new shoots quickly in one month to instead it. This thing seldom appear in multiple Cypris(macranthum and so on)

Smart plant, it found another way if can not win in war with fungi.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 23
Dear yijiawang,

very nice Photos , can you show me your cypripedium elegans . Thank you very much

may be fargesii and forrestii please :D

fagesii not in good conditions this year, even without spotted on leaves. I think too shade in the last growing season. So I try to give it a bit more sun now, let's look forward what will happen in next year.

forrestii? wow, another species which I never saw~

Bardolphyanum in flower now, cute toilet~~

lentiginosum, another species which need many care---avoid water or yellow foliage touch plants. But, worthy to do for it.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 8
Dear yijiawang,

thank you very much your photos, can you tell me what ist the kinds

Dear yijiawang,

thank you very much your photos, can you tell me what ist the kinds

Hello Hakone,
According to spotted shape, I think it maybe fargesii or sichuanense or margaritaceom, these 3 species can not be identified from leaves only, need new nose picture if without flower. sichuanense new nose is redder than fargesii. margaritaceom root and rhizome is thicker than others.

Fargesii is much more easy to grow than others because lower 1000 meters altitude. And, if you grow them in open garden, maybe you could consider if set spotted leaves Cypris on slope or cliff so that avoid water stay on leaves, especial in plant center----like many Paphiopedilum.

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 11
Neat stuff Yijia. Please keep it coming.

Is C. malipoense considered a good species in China? As far as I've heard, it is thought to be a lowland form of C. lichiangense.

Please post shots of C. lentiginosum in flower! Now that is a species that ought to be propagated from seed.

Neat stuff Yijia. Please keep it coming.

Is C. malipoense considered a good species in China? As far as I've heard, it is thought to be a lowland form of C. lichiangense.

Please post shots of C. lentiginosum in flower! Now that is a species that ought to be propagated from seed.

Hello Tom, good morning, your time is earlier 1 hour only than mine ^_^

Yes you are right. Some people think it is a form of lichiangense, en , if confirm this thing, need DNA analysis---fortunately, not my job, lol

Yes I am planning to propagate them in flask, but prefer hybrid between spotted species and bardolphyanum. Whatever, easy growing is important thing for most of gardener.

If you have pollen to spare we could try it here too.

have enough flowering bardolphilum comming.

Frargesii and the other I have are hit by frost 2 weeks ago.

lichiangense and fargesii not happy about that.

Still hoping for a flower, only one is doing well.

Latest posts

Back