cyp plectrochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dido

nearly open

fully open ´
plect1.jpg

Another one in flower

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I pollinated the second one with pollen of the first.
Hopefully this time we will get seed.

All mine ones are clones. Have 2 more but no flowers this year.
The second has now 3 growth and 1 flowering but is the only one who flowers every year for me. But I get better

pollenation.
On slippers, the purpose of the pouch is to trap the insect and make it climb up the hairs to get out. Pollen is either stuck to it then, or it deposits the pollen on its way out. That doesn't explain the nectary-shape at the bottom of the pouch.

Cute, and nicely flowered. How tall are your plants?

The plants between 5 cm non blooming and 20cm higher. The 20cm is due to the fact I dont see them starting growth and they were still in the shade, so the white nose was very long. There is a big variation in this kind, had flowering onece with 10cm too a really dark one, loosed it last year due to a stupid thing on my side, I am still very angry with myself because I was so stupid....

Oh well I have the same problem, now they grow best when I treat them like macranthum and nearly inorganic soil, but they like more mineral then pumice...
At least this year I have a seed pot soming, they first time I could pollinate it and I hope it will be fertile

Latest posts

Back