Cymbidium overload.....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
Yesterday I went on a bus trip organized by the Orchid Society of South Australia (OCSA). Went to 3 places. The first was to Kevin Western's house/nursery, where he grows mainly Aussie species, especially Dend (Thelychiton) speciosum, and also Disas. Unfortunately there weren't many blooms this time of the year as the disas have just begun to grow after dormancy. But it was interesting, nonetheless... The disas were grown in pure live sphag, and in trays standing with water... The second destination was Valley Orchids, a large commercial cymbidium farm. As the season has just started, you wouldn't believe the number of blooms they have... :drool::drool::drool: lastly, we visited an OCSA member's place, where he was selling some seedlings of Aussie dends, zygos and sarcochilus..
Now get ready for cym overload... :evil::
Cym.jpg

Cym2-1.jpg

Just look at this baby..!!! :drool::drool::drool: its a hybrid of Sarah Jean..
Cym3-1.jpg

Cym5-1.jpg

Cym6-1.jpg

Cym7.jpg

Even more cyms...

Cym8.jpg

Cym9.jpg

Cym10.jpg

Cym11.jpg

Cym12.jpg

Cym13.jpg

And a Stenoglottis longifolia, an African terrestrial species...
Stenoglottislongifolia.jpg

P/s: I have yet to acquire my first Aussie orchid as I would like to bring it back to M'sia at the end of the year. Can anyone please tell me what kind of documentation is required to bring orchids OUT OF Australia? does the plant need to be quarantined? Are flasks excepted? Thanks... :D

Very nice. No you don't need any paperwork just put the seedlings in your pants. BTW, I thought you were down there for school. Get back to work! :poke:

I really do not like Cymbidiums, but the blooms of this hybrid of Sarah Jean are quite a show, and I liked to find a pict. of Stenoglottis!! Thanks for the picts.!!! Jean

Ilove them all especially the green ones!!!!! Unfortunatelly I can't grow them properly and they die...:( Thanks for the photos!!!!! :D

Thanks for the pictures. I don't grow cym but I love to see them. The Stenoglottis is beautiful.

Marilyn

Latest posts

Back