Ctt. Big Ben ‘Blue Mountain’ HCC/AOS (Ctt. Portia x C. mossiae coerulea)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a crowd pleaser as it has 12 flowers on 2 inflorescences that position vertically on the stem so requires almost no separation. Easy to grow and species in background give it (so far for me) up to 6 per stem. Meristem from Waldor. Color is ethereal. Second photo when only 1st 6 flowers were opened. Today was very cloudy/rain so colors not as intense.

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpeg
    IMG_3661.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3642.jpeg
    IMG_3642.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
This is a crowd pleaser as it has 12 flowers on 2 inflorescences that position vertically on the stem so requires almost no separation. Easy to grow and species in background give it (so far for me) up to 6 per stem. Meristem from Waldor. Color is ethereal. Second photo when only 1st 6 flowers were opened. Today was very cloudy/rain so colors not as intense.
We have communicated about this plant in the past but I can’t remember how much height the bowringiana has transmitted to this plant? The mossiae and labiata have nicely influenced the flower configuration. I just wished that I liked coerulea flowers better! Maybe now that my cataracts are fixed I will find them more beautiful.

Latest posts

Back