countdown to malipo disappointment

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin, is it all the way open? I bet it will get larger as it opens more. It looks quite nice, actually.

Thanks, Dot. :) It's most of the way there; I know it'll puff up a little but retain some other issues. That's o.k. though--I'm not in a place mentally where I can't enjoy it as-is...I appreciate both the best and what I'm able to bloom myself.

Oh for sure--unless you're really hardcore it doesn't make sense to not give everything a second chance. And I have to admit I don't cull my plants anyway, on account of I'm weak! But thanks guys--and because it's just too funny, at least to me, here it is next to my delenatii which is just getting started on this year's blooming:

comparison.jpg

wow, a strong delenatii you have there!!! 3 spikes 5 blooms, buds!? Jean

Yes. And, brat that I am, I was annoyed by all three not being doubles. It had one spike with two blossoms the first year, two with four total last...you see where this should have gone! It's my fault though. I've lost some of the previously-bloomed growths to some mealie bug action, so it's not as strong as it was. The lemony fragrance is spectacular though! The malipoense hasn't begun smelling yet, though I of course hope it does.

The malipo is beautiful Robin, congratulations. And I really enjoyed the shot with the delenatii, I had no idea malipoense was so much bigger than delenatii!

I think that the second picture gives a much better idea of if the flower which looks great. And the delenatii with 5 buds/flowers, wow!

Kudos to you Robin for flowering it so well. It does have intense markings - very nice.

My double spiked plant pictured earlier in the thread didn't fair so well - I lost both buds due to not enough air movement and therefore, rot. Ah well, just a couple more years and I'll try again!

Latest posts

Back