Complex blooms 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
From left to right:
Paph Altona is a historic plant of special interest to me. It is named after the city, now integrated into the city of Hamburg, and not far from where I grew up. It is also one of the very few examples of German pre-WW2 slipper breeding, made by C. Ansorge, who ran a cutflower nursery in Hamburg.

The next is most likely a bad example of Olympic Emerald ( swapped label issue). Third flowering, and not getting better. Shape, colour ans substance are just bad for a modern complex flower.

Grace Amelia is Hellas x mastersianum. Tubular petals are not what I'm looking for, otherwise it is as expected. Yeah Hellas hybrids!

Jade Lauren Whales is gorgeous. I've showed it before, this time the flower is a tad larger (10,5 cm) and more symetrical with less erased margins. The substance is incredible, and its lasting forever.

The last is Regency Gold "New Boy". A cute little flower of just 8,5 cm which I bought for its parents, Paeony x Luna.

Attachments

• Paph Altona.JPG
    Paph Altona.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Paph Olympic Emerald.JPG
    Paph Olympic Emerald.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 18
  • Paph Grace Amelia.JPG
    Paph Grace Amelia.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Paph JLW.JPG
    Paph JLW.JPG