Coming Soon

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for pointing that out John. I didn't know. I went to look at the label and
it was written 'Jewell' x self and not only 'Jewell'.So does it mean that I could call this clone 'Halloween' ? ;)

Yes, that's right. Since it's a seedling, which means it's a genetically unique individual, you can call it 'Halloween'; or anything else that you like as long as to the best of your knowledge, the name you choose has not been used for any other PK. However, it's always good to keep the original information....that it's a seedling from 'Jewel' x self. That's basically a record of it's pedigree.

At least that purple spot is very tiny and perfectly centred. It's not going to be a blemish; just part of this flower's unique beauty.

Silly me. I thought that the plants from a selfing would have the same clonal name as the parent. Even worse, I thought that if the parent would have been
awarded, that I couldn't get my plant judged.. Even worse than worst, I think that I already red that from a previous post on another thread.. I'm getting old
so is my memory... :)

Thanks for the kind words about the blemish. I was (partially) kidding. ;)

The 'Halloween' clonal name is because I think that it will be at it's best on friday evening. :)

Silly me. I thought that the plants from a selfing would have the same clonal name as the parent. Even though a selfing means that the same plant is both "mother and father", the genes are still randomly remixed and the offspring will be unique and different from each other and from the mother plant that was selfed. Actually, when you self a plant, you are just really remixing the genes from the parents of that plant. So, genetically, it's offspring are more like it's siblings than it's offspring.

Even worse, I thought that if the parent would have been
awarded, that I couldn't get my plant judged.. Just to be clear: yes you can have an awarded plant judged. It might be upgraded to a better quality award if the point score is higher than before. Even worse than worst, I think that I already red that from a previous post on another thread.. I'm getting old so is my memory... :) LOL!...'happens to the best of us!

Thanks for the kind words about the blemish. I was (partially) kidding. ;)

The 'Halloween' clonal name is because I think that it will be at it's best on friday evening. :) Very appropriate! :) I'll look forward to photos of Pk 'Haloween' on Friday!

a really quick snapshot before leaving for work..
Now I'm starting to understand what all the fuss is about...
:D

PhragkovachiiOct2014J2.jpeg

PhragkovachiibOct2014J2.jpeg

Thanks all for your great comments :)

Nice color, but still a small bloom. :eek: Thanks for sharing.

Well, the flowers are usually bigger under cooler temperature.. you're talking about my besseae, right? lol
It is going to be one of those puny 14cm (5 1/2") NS .. :poke:

OK, I'll remember that next spring when I bring plants to Montreal. :wink:

Can't wait to see what you'll bring him :)

Back