Cischweinfia platychila

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenman

Reaction score
This is one of my growing collection of about ten Cischweinfias so far. They are a south american genus in the oncidium alliance related to (and once included in) Trichopilia - hence my original interest. But they have a charm all their own, miniatures which can be quite floriferous when grown to 'specimen' size. Mine are all just a few growths, grown mounted on cedar shake (yes, cut from left over shingles I bought when I had to repair some on the house) with a dollop of sphagnum, misted heavily daily and grown in cattleya light or perhaps just a tad less. I know some folks who grow these potted, but for me they do better mounted. I may have to revisit this as they get larger.

This is a less commonly grown species; the 1" wide greenish/cream flowers yellow with age and this one has two spikes this time and no fragrance I can detect, though after the discovery with the nearby Chysis bractescens this AM, I may have to check it at night to be sure it's not night fragrant.

Attachments

• platychila0412close.jpg
    platychila0412close.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 10
  • platychilafull0412.jpg
    platychilafull0412.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back