Chiloschista trudelii?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I purchased this as Chiloschista pusilla (CHI003) from Water Orchids Nursery in spring 2016. I'm usually confused about Chiloschista species, but this doesn't seem to be C. pusilla. From flipping through IOSPE photos, it seems to be somewhat closer to C. trudelii. What do you think?

Yes, it doesn't look too happy. I'm not good at keeping Chilischista spp., and they gradually decline...

Chiloschista trudelii? on Flickr

This one seems to make leaves.

For the last image, the color is still a bit off (a little too greenish). I used a new camera, and I still don't know how to post-process images from this camera.

I think you are right. Nice little thing. What's your new camera?

I was going to write a blog post about this camera when I get more time, but it is a $5000 camera (in 1999). The first "practical" DSLR, Nikon D1. It was $75 with genuine Nikon speedlight, so I'm having fun with it (and good for my muscle training). But it motivated me to buy a Micro-Nikkor AF-S 105mm VR, so it ended up as a pretty expensive purchase.... D1 uses NTSC color space (much wider gamut than sRGB), so with Nikon's software (View NX-i/Capture NX-D), the images look good. The original images look very different with Lightroom. I'm still trying to figure out how to post-process it with Lightroom. Now I have to learn about color space, color profile management and all other theories, which I have been avoiding. So I'm getting lots of fun out of this.

Now, I have an AF Micro-Nikkor (I had had only manual focus Micro-nikkor), I thought I should investigate focus stacking with Nikon. With micro 4/3, the camera has built-in focus bracketing. But with Nikon, additional computer software is required. I could use Helicon Remote with my other Nikon (D300), but it doesn't support D1. I'm going to check if open-source gphoto2 can do it. Once I can do automated photo bracketing, then open-source enfuse/hugin (link) can do the stacking with pretty good results.

Latest posts

Back