Cherry blossom celebration in Japan!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the earthquake and aftershocks were unpleasant. I know I don't like it when the ground moves. Glad to hear you're okay!

The one last night started around at 1:26 am and continued on and off for another 3 minutes. Fun, fun. I actually went outside since I got scared. The earthquake sirens were on and off all night and we continue to get smaller aftershocks.

The odd part is that the "aftershock" last night was bigger than the first quake, so now it is considered the main shock. There is a possibility there can be an even bigger one soon. As time goes by that threat diminishes, but we're still in the danger zone.

Perhaps it's time to come home Tom. Tectonic plate
movement seems to be increasing globally and islands are
especially vulnerable. Everyone here will most certainly
welcome you and your wife back home.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Everyone in my neck of the woods is fine. Even the old house I live in seems no worse for the wear… well, there are no new cracks anyway :) The last "big" aftershock came around 7:30 yesterday evening registering around 4 near the epicenter, and only 1 here, just a shimmy.

As for leaving Japan, I suspect one day that will happen. Currently we are bound to this place financially, and my wife has family obligations as well. I never intended to stay this long, but as I said in the beginning when anybody asked me how long I would stay, "6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years, who knows…" That was almost 14 years ago. Two major earthquakes later, and I'm still here!

Latest posts

Back