Cherry blossom celebration in Japan!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyushuCalanthe

Just call me Tom
Reaction score
Kyushu, Japan; warm temperate/subtropical climate
Ah, the air is almost warm, the birds are singing, and the cherries are flowering... well, that was the situation up to a day ago. Hard rain and wind overnight took out most the flowers, but luckily I got them "on tape" before they all fell.

This one's in 4K (that is four times higher resolution than 1080p!) and I added music. For best viewing I recommend streaming at 1080p or higher.

Cherry Blossom Celebration!

CherryPagoda2_zps3xmkevka.jpg

The music was played by a Scotsmen!!! Lovely instrument.
This video is a wonderful end to a very busy day for me.
Thank you. Oh, I hope you saw lots of bees pollinating
all those beautiful flowers. I worry about the bees.

Very nice! Thanks!
Gotta visit Japan again some time soon.

Spring has been rather cranky here, but I see flowers poppoing up all over the city, which is nice. lovely time of the year!

Glad you all enjoyed it.

The music was played by a Scotsmen!!! Lovely instrument.
This video is a wonderful end to a very busy day for me.
Thank you. Oh, I hope you saw lots of bees pollinating
all those beautiful flowers. I worry about the bees.

Yes, it is funny that a Scotsman, an American and some Japanese trees got together to make this VERY Japanesque video. I worry about bees too - but then it is too easy to worry about many things in the world. On a positive note, there were lots of cherry fruits last year, so somebody's pollinating them.

Awesome! Yay orchids. I see you snuck in a Cym. goeringii : )

But of course :D

Hey, Tom - hope you are okay! Was the quake near you??

Heather, the epicenter was about 100 kilometers to the south. It registered 7 at the epicenter, and just a little lower in the major city of Kumamoto. It was around a 4 here - enough to give a good shake, but no damage. The initial quake was long, maybe around 30 seconds. That was around 9:30 pm, and the aftershocks continued up to 2:30 am. I didn't sleep much, AND the next morning the first day back at university. :(

Latest posts

Back