Catasetinae and Fall impressions

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

Enjoy!

Catasetum tenebrosum by kavanaru, on Flickr

and with flash:

taking very long to open... but so far I am very happy with the result :D (first time blooming):

Cycnoches Jean E Monnier by kavanaru, on Flickr
and with flash:

Cycnoches Jean E Monnier by kavanaru, on Flickr

This one has been a reluctant plant to bloom. I have bought it as BS about 5 years ago and it is blooming now for the first time (only 4 flowers). I must admit I am a bit dissapointed with this hybrid... but maybe I was just expecting too much...

Cycnodes Wine Delight by kavanaru, on Flickr

and some shots I have taken from the window in my sleeping room :)

I love the yellow of this tree:

Yellow by kavanaru, on Flickr

Yellow by kavanaru, on Flickr

and get somehow annoyed by full moon as it glows directly on my bed:

Esperando al hombre lobo... by kavanaru, on Flickr

Great catasetums and cycnoches Ramón and the other pics looks a lot like what I saw outside last week. I also was disappointed with Cycn. Wine Delight. It flowered well for me but I eventually found the flowers boring and I sold it. :)

Nice Catasetinae!! Love them all. I have two Wine Delight in buds right now, can't wait for them to open! :)

I love the last shot of the moon, Ramon! Looks so halloween! :clap:

Great looking Catasetinae!! :clap::drool:

Care to describe how you grow C. tenebrosum? I recently recieved a smaller division that is resting now. I want to be ready when it wakes up. :)

just as my other Catasetinae... warm and bright light! ;) as soon as the plant wakes up and the roots are about 2 inches long, lots of water and fertilizer. Actually, either I grow them in S/H with LECA or in the brazilian version PET, which uses organic mix instead of LECA (I use the same as for my Paphies: mix of bark, perlite, some sphag and charcoal). If using PET I add a teaspoon of slow release fertilizer (Osmocote) to the potting media, but also fertilize at every watering with orchids fertilizer.

Great photos!! Blooms and buds are gorgeous! Love the fall colors-miss them in East Texas!

Thanks! :)

e-spice, I know Wine Delight can make a big show, however this plant is a looser LOL it can not get bigger than what it is.. it is just reluctant to bloom, and for all that troubbles I do not think it is worth the space... I am not impressed with it, I must say... I will give it another year (now that it is in teh greenhouse) to try to convince me it should not be kick-out... ;)

Thanks! :)

e-spice, I know Wine Delight can make a big show, however this plant is a looser LOL it can not get bigger than what it is.. it is just reluctant to bloom, and for all that troubbles I do not think it is worth the space... I am not impressed with it, I must say... I will give it another year (now that it is in teh greenhouse) to try to convince me it should not be kick-out... ;)

Maybe having it in the new greenhouse will make a difference or maybe it is a bad clone. I can confirm 'JEM' is a good grower.

e-spice

Back