Bulbo unitubum/kermesiana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score

This is a cool flower whatever it is. Purchased as unitubum, but that's probably not even a valid name.

The dorsal sepal is 8cm on this flower. The petals are the little dangly balls. Under magnification they look like purple spotted pinecones.

I almost forgot about my new B. longisepalum from Chris. Went right to making a bloom as its rooting up on the mount.
Here's a pic next to B bandishii. It's almost like a cross between bandishii and fritilariflorum.

Last edited:
I love the shape of those blooms. Very different. Nice coloration and patterns as well. I dare ask, do these guys sport one of the infamous stinky bulbo fragrances?

I love the shape of those blooms. Very different. Nice coloration and patterns as well. I dare ask, do these guys sport one of the infamous stinky bulbo fragrances?

I'm not smelling anything from these guys. Another Hyalosema species I have is fritilariflorum, and it smells like puke. But I haven't smelled anything from the others in this subgenera that I have.

Lovely species! Another thing I like about B. unitubum is it has long lasting(for bulbo) flowers and many of them when the plant is happy.

Lovely species! Another thing I like about B. unitubum is it has long lasting(for bulbo) flowers and many of them when the plant is happy.

Yes, The flower is still up and looking good.

A second flower is open and another bud developing

Back