Bulbo membranifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Found in Perak Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, Sumatra and the Philippines as a cool to warm grower. Slightly fragrant. It appears to either be opened just in the morning or only when the bright out. It became overcast in the early afternoon, preparing to storm and I noted the flower started closing. The flower is about 1.5" (3.8cm)

P7020005.jpg

Awesome!!

The opening/closing thing is like my cornutum (they are probably pretty close taxonomically). When the flower is young it will open AM and close PM. As the flower ages it doesn't close as well PM, and after about 5 days it just closes up and falls off.

The blumei does this too.

Glen said today that I am at my quota... :rollhappy: little does he understand addictions :drool:

I am planning a Pleuro Spa, so once done I will free up some space to replace it with Bulbos, Maxxies and roth prpimaries. :drool:

Hmmm...growing my orchids in somebody else's greenhouse...BRILLIANT IDEA!
Why didn't I think of that? I could triple, quadruple my collection! BWAHAHAHA...now, who do I know with a greenhouse....:ninja:

:rollhappy:

Hmmm...growing my orchids in somebody else's greenhouse...BRILLIANT IDEA!
Why didn't I think of that? I could triple, quadruple my collection! BWAHAHAHA...now, who do I know with a greenhouse....:ninja:

:rollhappy:

I think every grower near me with a bigger GH is also maxed out and trying to push their extras in my direction........IT WILL NEVER WORK AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

there are always creative ways to fit more orchids in one's collection. Having access to a greenhouse caused my collection of 50 orchids to grow to +/- 500 orchids. He is a commercial vendor and had his private collection as well.
He needs the bench space, necessity is truly the mother of invention. I have found ways to add to my collection without taking up more bench space than I am already using.

Rick...if they are ever looking for homes for Bulbos or Maxxies...let me know LOL.

A commercial grower, eh? Come to think of it, Paramount Orchids is just down the road from me. They have FOUR greenhouses. That seems like a lot of space, dontcha think? And what's a few more orchids when you've got 50,000 or so? :D

Latest posts

Back