Birds and critters

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
I just got back and got some photos to share. Though I am quite disappointed as I could have gotten better opportunities to make better photos. By the time I took this photos, it was our last day and the wind was blowing and the critters are not sitting still.

My wife and I went hiking in the jungle and saw some owls, woodpecker, vultures and other birds. Unfortunately, I just got my crappy point and shoot with me so I was not able to get photos of those.

But here are the ones that I got. I may need some help on ID'ing some.

A cute humming bird... Cuban emerald ~ Chlorostilbon ricordii

Chlorostilbon ricordii by paphioman, on Flickr

Brown Pelican

Brown Pelican ~ Pelicanus occidentalis

These guys were amazing. Watching them hunt is a treat. Again, the first day we arrived. You can watch these guys up close and plentiful when there was little wind.

Pelecanus occidentalis by paphioman, on Flickr

I sneak up on it and with the help of a 300mm lens. :)

But they have been pretty friendly, I think they are used to people being around and not disturbing them so they don't really care until you get super close.

Hummingbird photos that are in focus are good hummingbird photos. It's nice to see someplace that's
WARM. Thank you.

Ditto to all! And advice Clark's given me concerning buying canon equipment (if you want new lenses), 'buy refurbished'- less expensive but still a good warranty

Latest posts

Back