Big cleaning of my greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
Every year, at the start of summer with temperatures allowing to swap out most of my orchids, I have a rather frustrating cleaning enterprise conc. my greenhouse, that I want to illustrate with some pictures.

The windows having become +/- opaque due to algae have to be treated with the high pressure cleaner in a first workstep and then finalized with sponge :drool:. Of course after this procedure the light coming into the gh seems to have doubled. The action shows a lot of plants to be repotted or resized (Vandas), and others to be disposed of :eek:!!

The almost finished process took me several days, a large part of the plants spent several nights outside.

Frustrating is the conclusion that part of the plants, that were in the gh, will no more fit inside after this operation!!!

- Vandas before evacuation:

o080710001slgi6.jpg

- part of plants outside:

o080710004slrl6.jpg

- Ansellia, and Phrag. 'Sorcerer's Apprentice' before repotting

o080710010slki1.jpg

- the working tool during the exercise:

o080710006slou2.jpg

- inside enduring the undirect, but monster watering

o080710013sltn9.jpg

- Paphs after reinstallation, the plant with blue tag is haynaldianum album just starting a flower spike!!

o080717001slbz4.jpg

I hope that this is of some interest :eek::eek: Jean

Jean

Hugely! But I'm disappointed because I thought you were cleaning plants out and I might get some left overs! :p
BTW what's in the bottles w/ the red caps under the table?

My least favorite chore is weeding the g.h. floor:< That can take hours several times a year. I bet your plants thank you for your effort, though.

Looks great! A lot of work!

How large is the greenhouse?
:clap::clap::clap:

Tomorrow morning JeanLux is going to read these and wonder why the crazy Americans are writing about his water storage methods! :p

Bravo Eric!! you are right: these bottles contain water at room temp., and are my last supply for watering when my 100 lit. water barrel in the greenhouse and the rainwater barrel outside (300l) are empty in high summer :) :) ! but seriously, I use this water when fertilizing as well as for my permanent battle against scale and co.

Rick, of course on the inside pict., there are most of my hanging / mounted plants missing, also the small window sill is taken again by catts and laelias. But, I guess that finally when fall is there again, my large Sobralia and my 'Sorcerer's Apprentice', my large Coel.s, will find their place inside, and be it under the benches or tables!

Peter, the inside pict. shows about half of the gh, whose dimensions are +/- 3 x 8 m.

I am afraid sending plants to the US would not be that easy :):):) !!!

Jean

Okay, maybe your wife is right, I don't see heaps of room for more plants...:rollhappy: Not that it really matters anyway, of course. :D

Latest posts

Back