Best medium to grow Paphiopedilum and Phragmipedius

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

What is the best medium to grow Paphs and Phrags? Also how many grams of agar would you add? And are there any other chemicals needed to germinate Phrags and paph seeds? Which is the best method to flask them with reasonable success?

I am having great success in Phrags and some Paphs using P668 at 1/2 + coconut water.
for replate I use the same adding 60gr/l of homogeneized banana.

Surely with banana being available the whole year round, it is not worth freezing it?:confused:

I was thinking about the left over from making the medium. Like if you use half a banana you'll have some for next time:)

I'm lazy and don't like having to homogenate bananas and clean the blender. Another issue, is whether you want to use green, ripe or over ripe bananas. Different people claim you different bananas... BUT some of the Western Medias already have banana in it so you don't need to worry.

I'm lazy and don't like having to homogenate bananas and clean the blender. Another issue, is whether you want to use green, ripe or over ripe bananas. Different people claim you different bananas... BUT some of the Western Medias already have banana in it so you don't need to worry.

Thanks, your link was very helpful! I didn't know that one could not use banana pulp as it retards the newgrowth:clap:

Back