Ask the name Cypripedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

china-cyp

:confused:X-78.jpg
I come from China.
In this beautiful summer, I photographed Fengyun Cypripedium, I'm not sure she is Cypripedium himalaicum?

Again asked Cypripedium

华西大紫变种杓兰.jpg:drool:
I come from China.
In this beautiful summer, I photographed Fengyun Cypripedium, I'm not sure she?

Welcome, china-cyp. I don't know either, but someone one this forum probably can. But as Eric said, the photo is too small to really use to identify the flower.

The last larger shot looks to be C. calcicolum (syn. smithii) or perhaps a form of tibeticum. The shot's still too small to make a truly good ID.

BTW, do you offer proper CITES and phytosanitary certificates with your plants? The old "plant in a shoe box" trick works sometimes, but...

thanks

Hello, my friend
When I found these Cypripedium, which stands only 10-15cm, very cool, but tibeticum, height should be 30cm.
Also, I do not cites. I only phytosanitary certificate.
Thank you

The top pic def looks like a smithii to me. The bottom pic, not sure but maybe fasciolatum.

Hello, my friend
When I found these Cypripedium, which stands only 10-15cm, very cool, but tibeticum, height should be 30cm.
Also, I do not cites. I only phytosanitary certificate.
Thank you

Given the variability of this species, I'd say that plant falls within the bounds of tibeticum. The second plant, based on that tiny photo, looks either to be a very pale tibeticum or the form froschii.

If you're shipping to the states you will run into trouble if a box is closely inspected. Certainly Australia or New Zealand will nab them. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back