Ascofinetia Petite Bouquet

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

neo-guy

Here is a neofinetia hybrid. It is Ascof. Cherry Blossom back on to Ascocentrum ampullaceum.

Very compact but with lots of flowers!

Peter.

2559835170_7ed60b2e56.jpg

Peter,

I like that too!!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the cultural requirements? Like neofinetia?
And what is the medium it's growing in?

Thanks.

charlie c

Charlie, it's growing in diatomite with a little bit of bark. It grows in an intermediate greenhouse with temps from 50 to 90 degrees.

It's not as cold hardy as Neofinetia due to the ascocentrum. I also have to watch the watering as it has large fat roots, but only a few of them. I have to be careful not to rot the roots!

Peter

Charlie, it's growing in diatomite with a little bit of bark. It grows in an intermediate greenhouse with temps from 50 to 90 degrees.

It's not as cold hardy as Neofinetia due to the ascocentrum. I also have to watch the watering as it has large fat roots, but only a few of them. I have to be careful not to rot the roots!

Peter

Thanks for the info Peter. I think we'll take a whack at it.

charlie c

Peter

What about light requirements? I grow everything under fluorescents.

Ed, they require cattleya light, so i think it will work under fluorescent lights. I haven't tried though.....I think straight Neofinetia falcata will be easier under lights.
Peter.

Latest posts

Back