Amorphophallus bulbifer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
so...
i went to a big eeb (ecology and evolutionary biology) greenhouse at a university nearby and was blessed, so to speak, with some A bulbifer bulbs.
i was hoping to plant these up, but can't figure out which way is up to plant them. there is a rounded side and the other side has a scar where it was on the leaf, though one looks like it's where the plant will start.
anyone have any ideas as to how to plant it?

likespaphs said:
so...
i went to a big eeb (ecology and evolutionary biology) greenhouse at a university nearby and was blessed, so to speak, with some A bulbifer bulbs.
i was hoping to plant these up, but can't figure out which way is up to plant them. there is a rounded side and the other side has a scar where it was on the leaf, though one looks like it's where the plant will start.
anyone have any ideas as to how to plant it?

scar side up. bury deep as the roots emerge from the top (scar side) as does the flower and plant.

thanks. for now, should i just leave them out or should i put them in a pot with some soil below and wait to bury them?

i planted one a few weeks ago. thought it rotted, but it's starting to grow!
just found another and it's starting up too!
yippee!

Good luck. I've had A. bulbifer for at least 10 years. Never bloomed...when I found out it was hardy, I planted it in my garden. Comes up every year, but never blooms....A. konjac also comes up every year...no blooms yet. Eric

Back