Addicted Philip

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

philippinense x adductum v. anitum 'Bear' GM/TPS
AddictedPhilip009.jpg
AddictedPhilip013.jpg
AddictedPhilip010.jpg
AddictedPhilip018.jpg

First time bloom. 4.5" pot 20-21" ls. I got this plant from Fox Valley this past fall at the Orchid Growers Festival. Tomorrow is Hausermann's open house, wonder how hard Tom will twist my arm & on what?!

great cross.. better that using the normal adductum.. the colors are really nice.. good job

WOW. Lovely dark colour and what a long spike. The distance of the first flower is outstanding. Very impressive.

David

I absolutely LOVE that....the anitum parent really darkens up the dorsal. I NEED one of those. Thanks for posting!

Great looking flower Rose. The staminode is too scary for me! It looks like a vampire bug! of sorts! bloody, hairy and with TEETH!

Thanks guys! I'm pleased with it, it was hard to resist when I saw it back in Sept. It appeared to be in low, low bud & I liked the fact that it is rather compact for a multi. The spike is 24" from the base of the plant to the 3rd flower. It could self support but I like a better presentation when I admire each flower as it unfurls to expose the scary, vampire bug, bloody, hairy & TEETH staminode!!! :rollhappy:

That is very nice!!! The staminode just looks like the Paph. adductum var. anitum.

Ramon:)

Awesome pic, Rose!
Can't wait for mine to bloom as well! It's in low sheath at the moment!

:clap: Yours will probably be a summer bloomer, it takes a while but worth it!
Saw Tom K. (Fox Valley) today, he said all of them are blooming out favoring adductum, but I guess that's also a strong point when using adductum as a parent. He only had a couple of plants left & one was in low spike.

Latest posts

Back