A good week

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

For our anniversary, this past week, my adoring wife got me two nice Paphs as a present:
Paph Hsinying Rainbow and Hamana Spice (Paph Yerba Buena 'Whitecap' x spicerianum).

And at the Cape Orchid Society show I picked up a Paph Silverlight in bud and a two growth seedling of hangianum x Mystic Isle (Mystic Isle = niveum x Greyi).

I'm eager to find out if the hangianum cross will end up looking more like Wosner Favourite or Chou-Yi Yuki (Greyi is godefroyae x niveum). I guess more like Chou-Yi Yuki. The Hamana Spice should also be very interesting. I'm eager to see if the Yerba Buena has flattened the dorsal of spicerianum and if the purple stripe is maintained.

Well, Paph wise, it has been another good week here in Sunny South Africa. While my Carte & Holmes Paph Nimit didn't arrive (some how hybrids are not cleared by customs) I did get a lovely big plant of Paph Long Look (the inverse cross, Pinocchio x godefroyae) and a Paph Wnston Churchill ‘Indomitable’ FCC x Provocation.

In other news my insigne x charlesworthii and insigne x godefroyae pods are holding. I can't find any photos Paph Hitchinsiae 1899 so it will be interesting to see what the charlesworthii cross looks like in the end. There are some photos about of Paph Dowleri 1902 about and the flowers are very elegant:
attachment.php

tt4n

Back