2nd Annual Japanese Neofinetia Judging!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

neo-guy

Sorry for the delay, but I had to get the photos from a friend as I had forgot my camera! Thanks to Carol Beule for taking some very nice photos of the event.

This was the 2nd Japanese Neofinetia judging held in the US. It was held at the Santa Barbara Orchid Fair in July.

The 2nd year had more than double the plants submitted. And there were some very high quality plants! The attendees enjoyed the event.

This year we had a very special guest judge from Japan. A true Neofinetia expert, Mr. Kasahara is the chairman of the Japan Fuukiran Society.

Here is the link to my Flickr web page, where there is a set of pictures of the event, and the 5 place winners.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minicatt/sets/72157627290636382/

Happy Neos!

Pete

Very interesting photo's, one of the pictures shown on the event itself has been showed digitaly on this forum earlier. Can't remember the thread though.

Ah, my Sekai has a long way to go! :)

Congratulations on your win! I love that it won and is not yet quite flowering. A little different than the AOS, huh?

Do you know what the needle leaf(?) one with the yellow and pink tinged leaves is? I have one that looks very similar and has the same pink tinging on it, I was thinking maybe that wasn't a good thing but was happy to see this one looking similar. Mine is a Kinboshi.

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your photos! I like how your recognized plant had all these little buds coming up, do they take long to flower?

The spikes seem to appear suddenly. Once the buds form they do take a while. This plant is now just opening its flowers.

Pete

Ah, my Sekai has a long way to go! :)

Congratulations on your win! I love that it won and is not yet quite flowering. A little different than the AOS, huh?

Do you know what the needle leaf(?) one with the yellow and pink tinged leaves is? I have one that looks very similar and has the same pink tinging on it, I was thinking maybe that wasn't a good thing but was happy to see this one looking similar. Mine is a Kinboshi.

Thank you!

Yes, flowers are not a requirement in Japanese judging.

The yellow and pink you are referring to is Higashidemyako. In strong light there is almost a red pink edge to the leaves.

Kinoshi is a tiger leaf, but I have not seen it have any pink in the leaves.

Pete

Most excellent! Thanks for showing these to those of us who could not attend. :)

Latest posts

Back