2016 TIOS (Taiwan International Orchid Show)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any lycastes?
(duh shiya, du shiya)
There are few, but sorry I didi not take photo of them.
I think Japanese Orchid growers have much better quality of lycastes, you can see more good lycastes on Tokyo Orchid Dome.

The GN is nice, the MK is wonderful. I'm digg'in into the album Mount Toro(s)! But that sandie hybrid, if I'm reading the tag right, J. Burkhart X sandie really KICKS!:clap:

There are few, but sorry I didi not take photo of them.
I think Japanese Orchid growers have much better quality of lycastes, you can see more good lycastes on Tokyo Orchid Dome.

That's what I was wondering. Japan has good lycastes. Taiwan too hot? The mountains have some cooler sites for growing. Or just not the tradition to grow lycastes (yet)?

Phal., Cym. and Onc. have complete industrial structure here, and many nurseries are focus on that. Lycastes does not. Although Lycastes can be grow on lowland here, but it still prefers cooler environment. I know some nurseries grow Lycastes and they are at elevation from 400-700 meters. In this range, most nurseries prefer grow Phal. and Cym. because they can be a part of that industrial structure, that makes their business easier. Besides, most Taiwanese is not so fimilar to Lycastes, that makes here to be a limited market.

Latest posts

Back