2 unknown Phrags

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Claudia6982

Hallo
gi47.gif

Last year I bought this one as Phrag Cardinale. Now it is in bloom and I don't believe it is a Phrag Cardinale. But what is it?
20110129-153316-907.jpg
bildercache_80x15.gif

This Phrag I bought without a name. I think it is a Phrag Sedenii. What do you think?
20110129-153310-97.jpg
bildercache_80x15.gif

20110129-153312-703.jpg
bildercache_80x15.gif

Thanks for your answers.

I agree for Hanne Popow for the first one. And I would say Sedenii for the second.

For me the second is Phragmipedium calurum (Phrag sedenii x Phrag. longifolium).
I have the same look Here

The first one certainly does look like a Hanne Popow. The second one does not have prominent enough horns ("ears"), on the margins of the pouch. All forms of longifolium have very prominent horns and Sedenii, being half longifolium, has very distinct vestigial horns as well. This flower does not exhibit enough longifolium characteristics. It looks more like a complex hybrid; rather than a primary one. Perhaps Schroederae x Sedenii? I don't think you'll ever know about this one. You really should not put a name on it. It's impossible to know if you're correct. However, I feel that labelling the #1 flower as Hanne Popow is reasonable.

The second one might be Charlie Hanson (fischeri x richteri). But my plant's petals are more twisted and not quite as dark a red.

The first one certainly does look like a Hanne Popow. The second one does not have prominent enough horns ("ears"), on the margins of the pouch. All forms of longifolium have very prominent horns and Sedenii, being half longifolium, has very distinct vestigial horns as well. This flower does not exhibit enough longifolium characteristics. It looks more like a complex hybrid; rather than a primary one. Perhaps Schroederae x Sedenii? I don't think you'll ever know about this one. You really should not put a name on it. It's impossible to know if you're correct. However, I feel that labelling the #1 flower as Hanne Popow is reasonable.

I second this.

Back