2 Cattleya hybrids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
So, a couple more to show. The first is Blc. Goldenzelle 'Lemon Chiffon' AM/AOS. It's blooming now with 8 flowers on 3 spikes with another spike in bud. I need to get a big back drop for my larger plants, but for now a couple outside pics will have to do.

fullGoldenzelle.jpg

and a close-up taken with my old(not great) camera from last year's blooming.
lemonchiffon.jpg

This one is Northernara (Have no idea what it is called now...) Roy Yarhiro 'Izumi'. It's blooming on 3 spikes, one spike in bud and ready to open. The flowers are as dark as pictured. The plant with spikes is probably 3 ft. tall, so not a good one for inside growers. The leaves on the plant got some odd streaks in them this year. I upped the light but was worried it was virused. Luckily, I had it tested and it's clean.
Izumi.jpg

Izumifull.jpg

I have Blc. Goldenzelle 'Lemon Chiffon'. I bought it as a little plant, and had forgotten the description. WOW!! Now I can't wait!
Your blooms this year are even nicer than last. (normal, I know..)
Great job!! :clap:

Candace,

Very nice flowers!

I did a quick check at the RHS website and I discovered that they now have this one as Jacquinara Roy Yahiro, which is Hansenara Rebecca x Cattlianthe Chocolate Drop.

Isn't it nice what they've done with all of our orchid names!?! :sob:

Best Regards,
Nik

Thanx for posting, I really love [Catts :ninja:] but can't grow them so I'll drool over yours! Yay Catt hybrids! Take that RHS! :viking:

They are both ugly...:D Just kidding!!!

I am impressed by the first because of the two toned flowers (yellow and yellow-green), but I love the socond most because of the stunning colour!Thanks for posting...:D

Latest posts

Back