Sad news about Isaias Rolando

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really sad. I never met him, but I was always pleased to read his postings. He did a great job to preserve orchids in Peru.

I just read Peruvian news and police thinks it was an accident, though a local news channel claims they had access to a letter he left appologizing for his decision.

Really sad.... RIP Isaias

this is sad news...I have been with him to his club in Lima and have spent time with him both in Peru and here in the States. I am deeply saddened by this news. :( I have considered Isaias a friend and we communicated on a regular basis. It was only a few years ago that he lost his wife but he remained active in both his profession, Orchid society and other aspects of his life. he did not seem depressed nor the type to commit suicide.

I shall miss him.

This is terrible news for the wild orchids of Peru.:( I understand that he was a strong and active advocate on their behalf.

"It was only a few years ago that he lost his wife but he remained active in both his profession, Orchid society and other aspects of his life. he did not seem depressed nor the type to commit suicide."

Maybe, after losing his wife, he was just going throught the motions, hoping that the pain of losing his wife would subside and a zest for living his own life would return. People can be very good at concealing their emotional demons and inner pain - especially men; but, in doing so, they are torturing themselves by not dealing with and releasing any of it. Then, one day, they snap.

However he died, suicide or homicide, I feel very badly for him and the way he must've felt in his last moments. Neither of those things should ever happen, to anyone. This is very sad.

I am very shocked to hear this ! I got to hear him speak last year at Carter & Holmes about Phrag kovachii. He had pictures on the slide show of his new baby. He had remarried and seemed very happy about the new baby. It is a great loss for the orchid world as well as his family.

Yes, his young son is about 8 months old. He also has 2 college age boys.

I have confirmation from mutual friends, in Peru, that his death was not accidental :(

Isaias may you be at peace

This is terrible news for the wild orchids of Peru.:( I understand that he was a strong and active advocate on their behalf.

"It was only a few years ago that he lost his wife but he remained active in both his profession, Orchid society and other aspects of his life. he did not seem depressed nor the type to commit suicide."

Maybe, after losing his wife, he was just going throught the motions, hoping that the pain of losing his wife would subside and a zest for living his own life would return. People can be very good at concealing their emotional demons and inner pain - especially men; but, in doing so, they are torturing themselves by not dealing with and releasing any of it. Then, one day, they snap.

However he died, suicide or homicide, I feel very badly for him and the way he must've felt in his last moments. Neither of those things should ever happen, to anyone. This is very sad.
They say that it will take almost the same amount of time ( that you have been with the person) to recover from a lost of a love one.
I am sure all of us have sometimes experienced the dark night of the soul.
There are times when physical or emotional anguishes seem unbearable.
I hope that our spirits are strong enough to wait it out to the next dawn.

I have confirmation from mutual friends, in Peru, that his death was not accidental :(

Ron that is so creepy.

Where is the thread eric was talking about?

here i think i found it....

It is hapening already
The "others" are acting against my reputation at my university and threatening members of my family. I have a pregnant wife at this moment and she just mentioned to me that the phone and the e-mail are constantly receiving very dirty messages and warnings.
My friends, family and lawyers consulted recomended me to stop all comunications.
I deeply regret to decide not to continue with this. I will only stay as an observer.

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3278&highlight=Rolando&page=7

Are you saying that he intended to commit suicide or that he was, for lack of a better word, murdered? Either way, the orchid conservation community has lost a very vocal champion of the cause.

Latest posts

Back