A couple of Parvis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Been out of pocket lately, but have a couple nice things blooming to share.
Dodidoki was lamenting that not enough repeat bloomers were getting posted so here goes Dodi.

Paph emersonii took almost 3 years off, but looking good in 2015

Flower not fully open, but pushing 13cm NS so far.

This is the smaller/compact and less floriferous of my delenatii.

I think the foliage is real attractive on this plant.

Enjoy

Awesome job!
That delenatii looks like it has good shape, and yes, the leaves are gorgeous!

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

The delenatii has such gorgeous foliage, what a show in the basket! Really nice emersonii, impressive to rebloom!

What Pah is the community pot in the background of the delenatii basket picture?

wow!! those plants are really well grown!!! gorgeous blooms!!! :drool:

Look at that emersonii folks, I see at least 3 growths there. So not only re-blooming but growing!
That's a near prefect shaped dele Rick. Too bad these standards will probably never get awarded again with introduction of dunkel and the dunkel genes. But hey, judging is a human thing right?

Very nice.
Does emersonii always have short stem?

The stem is an inch or so shorter than when it was awarded in 2012. The flower and stem is still growing, but this bloom got started back in November of last year (so during the darker/cooler season). The last time was open in May, so warmer/brighter might make a difference.

Look at that emersonii folks, I see at least 3 growths there. So not only re-blooming but growing!
That's a near prefect shaped dele Rick. Too bad these standards will probably never get awarded again with introduction of dunkel and the dunkel genes. But hey, judging is a human thing right?

Thanks Rick

There's a couple of emersonii starts in the pot too (so 4 or 5 growths total in that 2" pot). It hasn't been repotted in 6 or so years. The substrate is down to mostly the inorganic components, but once a year I throw in a little bark or leaf litter to break down into the roots.

My bigger delenatii is in bud too. It has three spikes of double buds going.

great looking emersonii. 3 years is a lot quicker than 10 years or never lol ...
on average it took about 2 years for growth to mature so u must have a green tumbe :)

Latest posts

Back