Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball & Hummingbird!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
A very vigorous clone of the great hybrid Fox Valley Fireball. And a little female ruby throat hummingbird trying to pollinate it! :)

Enjoy!

DSC_0679.JPG

That is a great shot. Send it to national geographic. I think you could safely say this is the first picture of a phrag being visited by a hummingbird. At least that I have seen. I could see why they are attracted to it. Every time I see this hybrid I go in for a closer look. Very nice plant by the way. I can't get enough of this cross.

That is a great shot. Send it to national geographic. I think you could safely say this is the first picture of a phrag being visited by a hummingbird. At least that I have seen. I could see why they are attracted to it. Every time I see this hybrid I go in for a closer look. Very nice plant by the way. I can't get enough of this cross.

Well thank you.

is that real???

Yes, it is 100% real.

That's a wonderful photo! I agree with Cheyenne - send it to National Geographic. With all the hummingbirds in Ecuador, it makes you wonder whether besseae may be hummingbird pollinated as well.

Pretty good shot. Was it taken by a cell phone or did you happen to have your camera on hand?

Every time I see something cool to photograph outside, I have to dash upstairs to pick up my camera and, by then, whatever was cool to photograph is not there anymore. There are some very good cameras these days on high end cell phones and people are more likely to have them nearby. Of course, I could keep my camera downstairs but I take most of my pictures upstairs anyway. (That's where my plants and studio are)

Latest posts

Back