Cyprepedium Pubescens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggshells

Humongous Gnat
Reaction score
pubescens.jpg

:)

either my pubescens didnt come up this year at all,or the local animals got them as they were emerging before I put out the poison blocks.Oh well,there is always next year.

either my pubescens didnt come up this year at all,or the local animals got them as they were emerging before I put out the poison blocks.Oh well,there is always next year.

Sorry to hear about your pubescens. I'm outside of DC. Mine popped up about 6 weeks ago. Oddly, the one I just planted this spring was the one that bloomed (and has been in bloom for the past 2-3 weeks), not the ones I planted in fall (either bare root or another one in a biodegradable rice hull pot). This is a pic of it; I got it from Bill at Wild Orchid Co.

Attachments

• rsz_3cyp_pubescens.jpg
    rsz_3cyp_pubescens.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 8
Yes! We have 20+ degrees weather in late May / early April. and really mild winter.

So did we, but my Cyps are just popping out of the ground. I'd say we are about 2 or 3 weeks earlier than normal. What else is blooming where you are?

Latest posts

Back