Paph. tranlienianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dorsal looks different. However it looks nice. Maybe show us a picture of the whole plant.

Don't know enough about tranlienianum, never having seen one in real life, but is it possible that this is a hybrid? Possibly with hermanii?

Thank you all for your kind comments!

Don't know enough about tranlienianum, never having seen one in real life, but is it possible that this is a hybrid? Possibly with hermanii?

I think it isn't a hybrid!

I guess you fail to see the irony in this statement for us here in the USA! :mad:

I didn't mean to!:eek:

The dorsal looks different. However it looks nice. Maybe show us a picture of the whole plant.

It would be interesting to see it in full bloom next week.

I will make some more pics coming weekend and show it here.

I'm sure. Its not that the plants are not here, I know they are:wink:, the problem is that as they are produced overseas our industry falls behind. So our Govt is hurting us and not helping the environment at all.

Hey Eric, You work for Gov, ...what are you talking about
BD

Tranlienianum exists in two populations, one with leaves like spicerianum, and this one shows very little variation.

The second colony comes from Cao Bang, and the collectors always come back with some helenae mixed with the tranlienianum. I always suspected that some of the pygmy tranlienianum could include a very small percentage of helenae in their composition... Martin plant would looks a bit like a complex hybrid of helenae and tranlienianum ( helenae x tranlienianum crossed back for several generation to one or both parents, or between them even).

The tranlienianum 'red' appeared in batches of tranlienianum mixed with very few red coccineum... the flowers were nearly like a tranlienianum, but reddish, so tranlienianum is very dominant.

The artificial hybrid made was helenae x tranlienianum, not the reverse, so it is hard to compare the artificial hybrid with Martin plant, but it could be from an hybrid swamp... Really nice and cute anyway.

Latest posts

Back