Phragmipedium andreettae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
This is the first phrag. that I have been able to flower. I bought it from Ecuagenera in the hopes that it could tolerate my warmer indoor temperatures. Thankfully, it seems to like them. It's hard to photograph well because it is such a light shade of pink. The flower is about 1.25 inches across and the plant is about 3 inches high and 6 inches across. The top photo is taken in less light than the bottom photo.

Phragmipediumandreettaedk08-07-2011.jpg
[/IMG]

Phragmipediumandreettaelt08-07-2011.jpg
[/IMG]

A darker background or a photo taken outside with a green background would solve the problem. As it is, it's a very nice flower. One of the best I've seen of this species.

A darker background or a photo taken outside with a green background would solve the problem. As it is, it's a very nice flower. One of the best I've seen of this species.

Thanks. I tried taking it outside, but it was more washed out than this. The darker background only made it worse. I think that it's because I'm using the digital macro setting to catch detail.

Very nice flower. I have heard that these are difficult to grow. You are doing a fine job. I see a second spike in the background. Well done.

:p

Amazing first phrag. I'm guessing you got it blooming $ize. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, I did get it blooming size. I bought it in the Spring of 2010. Ecuagenera came to a local orchid show and I bought then. At that time it had one spike on one growth. The spike and growth withered, but two new growths took its place. These are the two that are in and about to bloom.

Latest posts

Back