Paph Susan Booth 'New Orleans'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I showed the back of the first flower in the "guessing " thread I posted earlier. Now for the front.
p1060198y.jpg

p1060201j.jpg

I think this plant has potental after I grow it up to 6" aircone pot. I'd like to see 4 flowers.
p1060199a.jpg

p1060200tz.jpg

Nice Rick. I like the dark stripes. I have never got more than 3 flowers on mine. When I recently repotted it, the plant unfortunately broke up into a whole lot of small pieces. So now I have to start again. Four flowers is a long way off.

David

Thanks David for the info. This cross has disappeared from a lot of collections sense it's registration back 83 (I believe). Back then wilhelminae was used inter-changeable with praestans so you didn't know what you were getting unless you had the parents! Three flowers is probably a good number to expect.

Thanks David for the info. This cross has disappeared from a lot of collections sense it's registration back 83 (I believe). Back then wilhelminae was used inter-changeable with praestans so you didn't know what you were getting unless you had the parents! Three flowers is probably a good number to expect.

I think a well established plant should get at least 4 flowers. Just when my plant was starting to form a nice clump it fell apart. A friend near me has an awarded clone from the same flask as mine. It was awarded with 5 flowers on a spike. Your plant looks very similar to ours.

David

I think a well established plant should get at least 4 flowers. Just when my plant was starting to form a nice clump it fell apart. A friend near me has an awarded clone from the same flask as mine. It was awarded with 5 flowers on a spike. Your plant looks very similar to ours.

David

That's good news! This clone has been a round for a very long time. I believe I got a div from a woman (don't recall her name) in 1992 from New Orleans. I lost the plant to an X-friend:sob: when I went through a divorce in 97'. Got a small divison back from the X-friend but had to pay 35.00 for it:mad:. Then several moves later (greenhouse and all) the plant is finally starting to feel at home!

Cracking bloom Rick.

I nearly lost mine to that deadly disease erwinia last year, and had to cut the main growth off but it still left 2 and one is approaching blooming size so lets hope for a good display soon.

Gary
UK

Latest posts

Back