Pictures from Orchilim 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

As some of you allready know I've visisted Orchilim today. And I can only say that I was so impressed that I wouldn't mind going again tomorrow. ( But I wont ;) )

For starters we had real good luck with the weather. The venue itself was awesome as well. I'll be sharing pictures of it later.

The show itself was very nice, combined with the setting I found it more attractive then the show in Bad Salzuflen I visited a few weeks ago.

And the sales section was good as well, and it is that I lack place allready but otherwise I would have unloaded my wallet at Popov's stand. Oh my god what a nice plants did he have for sale.

I'll start of with sharing pictures of the venue itself.

Alden Biesen Castle

( info: http://www.eupedia.com/belgium/alden_biesen_castle.shtml )

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

Here are pictures I took of the show itself. I'm not happy with all the pictures as it was very difficult to take pictures with the available light in the various halls in which the plants were shown. So I played around with the settings and flash of my compact camera.

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

The two roth's that I found in the various show stands:

This one belongs to Rick Claessen of Claessen Orchideeen in the Netherlands.

IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

This one is from a hobbyist that is a member of the same society as my father.

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

Of course there were Pleione's to be seen as well. I decided while driving in the direction of the event that I spend enough money on this genus this year. Didn't stop me from taking pictures though.

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

Popow's stand, which was like a dream come through and I only just managed to stop myself from unloading my wallet here. :D :clap:

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

Thanks for posting. Looks like a very cool location! That first pic has some nice Vandas - who's display was that? I also see some Nepenthes in that pic - who's were those, and do you have more pics of them?

Oh yeah and when you follow this link you can see the "investments" that I did today! :p

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=352552#post352552

Thanks for posting. Looks like a very cool location! That first pic has some nice Vandas - who's display was that? I also see some Nepenthes in that pic - who's were those, and do you have more pics of them?

The CP's were from a Dutch company of which I don't recall the name anymore. I didn't take any more pictures of them though.

Spoilers... :D

I will be going tomorrow. Hope the weather is as nice as today.
It's been a loooong time since I was at an orchid show. Can't wait.

Rob

All in all a very nice day, I had the pleasure again to meet up with our fellow forum user Jeanlux, and also meeting our fellow forum user Ronan at the stand of NT orchids was nice as well.

I would also like to thanks Biothanasis for the greetings I received from Jean. :)

I would have bought the two hangianums in a heartbeat. I wish for some european vendors visit orchid show here.

Thanks for these great pics Marc, much better than mine, so I will show just some complementaries:

Arriving early in the morning:
__Img_181.jpg

Lovely addition of new architectue/art to the old background:
__Img_354.jpg

Marc showed Akerne's pleiones already:
__IMG_1192-akerne.jpg

__img_1198-.jpg

Priced Angulocaste:
__img_1202.jpg

Some more:
__Img_1204.jpg

__img_1207.jpg

one more view of part of Popow's:
__img_1221.jpg

__img_1230.jpg

Catts are, besides slippers my favorites:
__img_1226.jpg

__img_1203.jpg

Lovelies:
__img_1249.jpg

__Img_1307.jpg

Marc and his father with Herman ter Borch:
__Img_1353.jpg

Jeanlux with Popow senior and junior:
__img_1350.jpg

Sorry for the somewhat large pics, but besides other functionalities, Imageshak doesn't seem to work for me at the moment!

Jean

Latest posts

Back