Phrag Suzanne Decker

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
this is currently in bloom again. It is kovachii x Cape Sunset. The flower is close to six inches in width. I am growing it semi hydroponically. It has gotten big since getting it as a seedling.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 85
Very nice! Phrags can now compete with Cattleyas and Cymbidiums for corsage orchids!

Beautiful color, and I love the pouch. What can be done in breeding to flatten the dorsal?
Crossing it back to Cape Sunset might help but it would also bring down the size or we just need to accept that that is an acceptable feature for kovachii hybrids, for it is a trait of the kovachii parent.

More of the kovachii seems to be coming out in this one compared to some others I've seen .......
wonder what mine will look like? :p I sure do like the coloring on this one!
Crossing it back to Cape Sunset might help but it would also bring down the size or we just need to accept that that is an acceptable feature for kovachii hybrids, for it is a trait of the kovachii parent.
Probably for now, the next generation will be interesting.

Yay besseae hybrids! If you're not careful I may steal this plant tomorrow! :poke:
LOL...and your not bringing deli for me? It should still be in bloom while you are there. I visited Glen today but did not stop in the greenhouse.

Very nice color combined with good shape for this hybrid.
There has been quite some variety in shape and color with this cross. I lucked out!

Latest posts

Back