Newly Awarded Complex Paph

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Darin

We awarded this last sunday at the Cincinnati Judging Center. It is owned by New Vision Orchids.

Paph. Pit River Rise "New Vision Orchids" AM/AOS
(Paph. Kimura's Present x Paph Sunline)
p13490459-4.jpg

We awarded this last sunday at the Cincinnati Judging Center. It is owned by New Vision Orchids.

Paph. Pit River Rise "New Vision Orchids" AM/AOS
(Paph. Kimura's Present x Paph Sunline)
p13490459-4.jpg

This is one stunning paph. I love the full round shape and flat presentation. A well deserved AM !

Theresa.

Delicieux !

Do you have measurements for it? esp. petal width...

Even better than the measurements. Here is a pic of the award form. Sorry about my poor handwriting :) It was an 82 pt AM

p16726862-5.jpg

I am super critical of complexes. This one is pretty nice. I am not fond of the recurling of the petals toward the bottom proximal area. The drooping of the petals also detracts for me. Looks like substance is average but hard to tell from a pic. I also like to see more synsepal and a little larger. It is a nice complex though, nice proportions, round, nice doral meeting petal conformation. Thanks for the pic.

My Congrats to Russ, another well grown orchid.

To John and Dot,
Over the last 25+ years I've know Russ, he has always had a nice collection of Paphs. Not real large, as usually he was specializing in something else, at one point Phals, and the last decade or so Odonts. But since his days with the Wheeler collection at Ball State Russ has always had a distinguished mixed collection, with fine representatives from a number of genera. Paphs, Phals, Lycaste, Oncidiums and Odontoglossums and whatever else grabs his attention.

Again - Congrats to you Russ.
Leo

Is Russ getting into complex Paphs now?

That is a Paph that I would love to have in my collection but I might end up killing it. It's beautiful !!!! Congrats in your awards.

Latest posts

Back