new plants

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

three plants currently in flower.
The first two are recent acquisitions from Ratcliffes.
First up is Jersey 'Lauren', a triploid form of the cross as one of the parents is a tetraploid form of besseae 'Mont Milais'.
The other parent is dallesandroi.
Second plant is a fairly common thing - schlimii 'wilcox' aka cardinale.
Both plants are settling down growing in a 100% inorganic mix of growstones and leca.
I got the idea after the orchid web recommended this for the phrag hybrid Suzanne Decker and my plant seems to be doing well in it.
I wanted to see whether these water lovers would grow inorganically and I like the idea of trying to removing the inconsistency of bark composts from a growing regime.
Last up is a second photo of Grouville 4n ( hanne popow x eric young) and is a well balanced pinky flower. It is growing on me.
I was distinctly underwhelmed by the first flower.
I've managed to sort the upload issues I have with the ipad by going back to my old dell computer.
Still works well and I can load more than one photo per post!

Regards,

David

Attachments

• SRGC-img_8377.jpg
    SRGC-img_8377.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 42
  • SRGC-img_8379.jpg
    SRGC-img_8379.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 34
  • SRGC-img_8374.jpg
    SRGC-img_8374.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Yay besseae hybrids and that 'cheaty' other thing! :evil: The Phag Jersey is typical. Generally the benefits of the cross are a mix of colors and the ability to easily branch, bringing the flower count up.

Latest posts

Back