Micranthum opening

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That one did turn out nice. I hope you are pleased with it. Water content in the pot; do you keep micranthum fairly wet or do you cycle through wet and dry? I'm finding I have better sucess if I keep both species fairly wet at all times.

Wow, That got a pretty small pouch which means the proportions are really nice. Excellent!

the flower has expanded so the pouch is pretty big too. it has very wide petals. i will have to take some measurements. I was thinking of taking it in for judging but missed it by one week.

That one did turn out nice. I hope you are pleased with it. Water content in the pot; do you keep micranthum fairly wet or do you cycle through wet and dry? I'm finding I have better sucess if I keep both species fairly wet at all times.

in my experience they prefer to stay wet all the time. Mine dry out occasionally but they definitely grow the best when i am able to keep them wet. same for armeniacum.

NS 8.7
PW 4.5
DS 3.5
Vertical 9.5

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411939121738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411939121738.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 43
One of the best micranthums I have seen! Do you grow this differently compared to your other paphs?

Not really. It is 12" below 4x4' T12 shoplights. Grown in a 2.5" pot with fine bark/charcoal/perlite mix watered with tapwater and 30-30-30 plant food. it likes to stay wet.I am going to pot it up soon.

i checked some award records and this one appears to have all the right numbers. maybe the timing will be right to get it judged next time it flowers.

It is lovely, I have been away from the forum lately, so my response it tardy. Very nice. I agree, definitely has award potential. An AM would not surprise me at all. Hopefully you will get multiple new growths [enough to share ;) ] I like it a lot.

Latest posts

Back