Paph Shun-fa Golden and micranthum var eburneum bud watch

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The couple paphs I've gotten to bloom came to me with spikes already. These two did not. The micranthum had the tinier hint of a sheath, but the Shun-fa didn't. So I'm proud to show off the micranthum bud that has developed, I just hope it will make it to full bloom.
20230818_075102.jpg

And the Shun-fa has this going currently

20230818_081751.jpg

How exciting!!! Keep us posted.

Well done btw! I have yet to bloom a micranthum!!
It's probably just beginner's luck, since this is the first year I've ever had paphs. I did make sure to put this one on my lowest shelf though, since it stays cooler down there, and I thought I had read they like it cooler.

Oh my goodness that's not beginner's luck at all! Your parvis really like your growing conditions. Congrats on all those buds. I look forward to seeing pictures of the blooms.

Oh my goodness that's not beginner's luck at all! Your parvis really like your growing conditions. Congrats on all those buds. I look forward to seeing pictures of the blooms.
Thanks! I have a nice handful of pretty vigorous paphs that are doing really good for me, but some others are a bit lacking so they don't ALL love me. I'm just pleased to see that I can keep these alive so far, and mostly that I remember to water them enough.

The Shun-fa bud progress is on the right, going quite slowly. The left side is my liberty Taiwan x Norito Hasegawa, getting real tall! I'm running out of space for it on that shelf, I wonder how much taller it will get
IMG_20231004_133345.jpg

Ohhhh it'll get a lot taller than that lol.
Shhhh! Don't give it ideas! But I knew this was a possibility, I just hadn't expected to have to deal with it so soon. I guess I'll figure out where else in my room I can move it to when it gets too tall, since I really don't want to let it grow up through the wire shelf

Don't think you could hope for a much better outcome, really, save for a miracle of nature. Liberty Taiwan's shape & fatness, NH's color & flatness.

Latest posts

Back