C. dowiana, v. aurea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
First bloom seedling from a selfing from the awarded clone 'Dot Barnett' AM/AOS.
Photos were taken with my iPhone.

C_dowiana-v-aurea-flower.jpg

C_dowiana-v-aurea-plant.jpg

Fantastic flowers and photos. How long from deflasking? Your plant looks very happy, especially for dowiana 'aurea'. I can never keep mine alive for long, I water too much.

Dot, how do you compare it to the parent? This one has a gorgeous lip. Which iPhone and did you use a tripod?
Very much like the parent.
iPhone 6s. I don't have a tripod mount for it, but I do rest the phone and my hand on the tripod head to steady myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fantastic flowers and photos. How long from deflasking? Your plant looks very happy, especially for dowiana 'aurea'. I can never keep mine alive for long, I water too much.
I'm not sure -- The original was owned (and named) by Bill Porter (Porter's Orchids). It was his award, and I feel honored that he gave it my name. He had a bunch of seedlings, and has sold them all, I think. I never got one until I found this one when I was helping him clean up his greenhouse for his going-out-of-business sale. I thought I'd better get it while I could.

Dot, how do you compare it to the parent? This one has a gorgeous lip. Which iPhone and did you use a tripod?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Very much like the parent.
iPhone 6s. I don't have a tripod mount for it, but I do rest the phone and my hand on the tripod head to steady myself.

I'm not sure -- The original was owned (and named) by Bill Porter (Porter's Orchids). It was his award, and I feel honored that he gave it my name. He had a bunch of seedlings, and has sold them all, I think. I never got one until I found this one when I was helping him clean up his greenhouse for his going-out-of-business sale. I thought I'd better get it while I could.

Thank you Dot. Love the back story. I'd be thrilled if someone named such a nice one for me. Great catch!

Latest posts

Back