Some of my masdevallias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

LovesPaphs
Reaction score
Some of my masdevallias. Kimballiana and Copper Angel just finished blooming, but Angel Tears and coccinea are still blooming.

Masd. Angel Tears
AngelTears.jpg

Masd. Kimballiana
Kimballian.jpg

Masd. Copper Angel 'Highland'
CopperAngel.jpg

Masd. coccinea
Coccinea.jpg

Very impressive showing! I love masdies! Thanks so much for posting :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

How much light do you give your coccinea? I have one that continually puts out new growths, but I haven't seen any blooms yet.

Lovely! I got an Angel Tears recently - it hit a little bump in it's blooming setting out at a show all weekend and then adjusting to my environment, but I think I'm getting the hang of its moisture needs, so no more flowers come out wrinkled!

How much light do you give your coccinea?

The coccinea has about 5 blooms, and I give it pretty strong morning light. It must like a lot of light as all the blooms face toward the light. The hardest thing for me is keeping it cool enough.

Wow, I am impressed! I love masdies, but I am slowly coming to the realization that they don't reciprocate. I have one more idea on culture to implement this summer, and if that doesn't work, I think I just have to give up on them...

Thank you for all the nice compliments. I enjoy them as it always seems like there is something in bloom.

Please.....what are your temps??
I have a very small greenhouse, and in order to keep it cool, I have an air conditioner. My greenhouse is too small to have a swamp cooler. I try not to let it get any warmer than 75degrees. Even at 75 degrees I try to keep the humidity up above 60%. The greenhouse is well shaded and sits on a concrete patio next to the house. The masdes are not much more than a foot above the floor. They are mostly potted in small vanda baskets with sphag and the pots sit in trays of water of about a half inch so it keeps the roots cool. The only one that hasn't bloomed for me is Heathii, and I think it need more light as the plant looks great. Hope this makes sense.

Back