Paph. rothschildianum 'Fox Valley' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lienluu

Just starting to open, this is the first time this division has bloomed for me. I got it from Tom last year.

fv.jpg

Wow, i was talking about this clone with Tom a few months back and he was saying how special this roth is, but I had never seen a picture. Very nice!

I think it'll look better on next year's bloom. It looks terrific in the awards photo. The petals should straighten out quite a bit more as it finishes opening up.

What I find interesting on the clone is the fine lines of spots on the petals. Most roths spots bleed out to color the petals almost solid.

:drool::drool::drool: NIIICE!!
I'm trying to be patient ...
my first roth & a St. Swithin are in bud!

Hi Lien,

Thanks for posting the updated photo; the flowers have had a chance to fully expand, and it looks more like the AM/AOS blooming. BTW - The reason it wasn't awarded an FCC/AOS (according to one of the judges on the team) was that it had four flowers, instead of five and, supposedly, that would have made the difference. Since you're the only one in the U.S. who owns a division of this clone, you might consider breeding it with your 'Canadian Club' GM/JOGA or `Black Diamond' clones to create some superior sibs.

Thanks, Tom

Hi Lien,

Thanks for posting the updated photo; the flowers have had a chance to fully expand, and it looks more like the AM/AOS blooming. BTW - The reason it wasn't awarded an FCC/AOS (according to one of the judges on the team) was that it had four flowers, instead of five and, supposedly, that would have made the difference. Since you're the only one in the U.S. who owns a division of this clone, you might consider breeding it with your 'Canadian Club' GM/JOGA or `Black Diamond' clones to create some superior sibs.

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks. It actually has 5 flowers on this bloom. The 1st flower, however, I did not include in the photograph as it was deformed.

I noticed though, in the awards photo and your photo the petals were held much more horizontally.

I was planning on crossing it to Canadian Club, as that's in spike as well!

Lien

Latest posts

Back