What 3 years of breeding has produced !

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
:p What were you expecting ? These are some of the guppies from 3 years of selective breeding. They summer outdoors,and thrive there. We bring them inside in the fall. We sell to a local pet store.
We are seeing some really neat colors, lacey spotted tails, huge dorsals and larger fish.
Feb_09-60.jpg

Very nice, Gilda! I used to have guppies years ago. I had some similar to these and also some of the snakeskin variety. They have more of a yellow color rather than grey. They interbred and I had some really neat results. :)

;) You teaser you! :rollhappy: How did you train them to hold still for their pic? :wink:

Cool guppies! I miss my nice strains I had as a kid. Only rubbish available now in the petshops round here.

If you want to clean up the tail of that half-black red, then only breed it with females who have spotless tails. (I like a spotless tailed half-black red :) )

While doing research in Italy, my prof was breeding half-black yellows. His was a champion line. The tails were pure sulfur yellow and the males carried their big tails splendidly. How he did? I gave you the answer above.

tt4n

Cool guppies! I miss my nice strains I had as a kid. Only rubbish available now in the petshops round here.

If you want to clean up the tail of that half-black red, then only breed it with females who have spotless tails. (I like a spotless tailed half-black red :) )

tt4n
We have the solid tailed ones and were thrilled to get spots !:wink:

Latest posts

Back