Wauankee Sunset x kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
i suspect this is an average bloom for the cross...the pouch is really nice but the petals seem almost detached and glued back on..the dorsal is bleh..but i will keep it..perhaps next time around
photo-211.JPG

yeah i got it from a vendor who picked it up at a show (in early bud)..and it was a bit stressed by the time i got it..so definitely going to let it grow up to its potential

You might consider collecting some pollen from this hybrid now and putting on a really good besseae (or fischeri?). While you might not see the full potential of your (Waunakee Sunset x k) hybrid until it's bloomed a second (or third) time, the pollen you collect today is still very useful in continuing the breeding line. Just a thought..........

You might consider collecting some pollen from this hybrid now and putting on a really good besseae (or fischeri?). While you might not see the full potential of your (Waunakee Sunset x k) hybrid until it's bloomed a second (or third) time, the pollen you collect today is still very useful in continuing the breeding line. Just a thought..........
Thanks .. Will do

I agree with Shiva. I think in most cases the dorsals cup forward in these types of crosses. Yours does have a strong kovachii look to it.

Latest posts

Back