Tigers, lions, bears shot after US zoo escape

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohio's last Gov, Strickland, had placed a temporary ban on the trade of exotic animals in Ohio before he left office. The new Gov, Kasick, (who I think is an idiot who caters to the elite 1%) let it expire, for what ever reason. Then he gets on the news and says "why didn't anyone address this before?" (duh!....his predecessor from the other party did!)
I am sure it is more complicated than that, and as with many things, there is blame to spread all around. People complain about big Government, but when the s#!t hits the fan, we all want to be protected.

Thank you. BTW did you see that he passed an emergency animal bill. Publicity whore.:mad:

Yea, and the Michigan (conservative) legislature is trying to pass a bill that would loosen the restrictions we currently have on owning exotic animals. Idiots.

Just saw a new update. Terry was trading firearms for animals One other note: the authorities not only shot meat eaters but also giraffes, camels and who knows what else. Where was the immediate danger in these leaf eaters?

Last edited:
Just saw a new update. Terry was trading firearms for animals One other note: the authorities not only shot meat eaters but also giraffes, camels and how knows what else. Where was the immediate danger in these leaf eaters?

There was an overabundance of testosterone and a Quick Draw McGraw mentality in play like I said before. Were human lives spared? Yes. Were some animal deaths unavoidable? Yes. Were too many animals needlessly killed? Most likely yes. :mad:

Just saw a new update. Terry was trading firearms for animals One other note: the authorities not only shot meat eaters but also giraffes, camels and who knows what else. Where was the immediate danger in these leaf eaters?

Sounds like it turned into one of the Texas shooting ranges.

I'm applauding the police for doing their job.

Yep, they did their job...perhaps a little too well.

They always do their job, and their actions are always justified. :rolleyes:

I remember the time when I called the cops many years ago as I watched a group of teenagers vandalizing the Catholic school next door. The cops came. The kids denied doing the damage. The cops told the kids I was the one who had called. The cops left. The kids came to my house, hit me on the head with a large rock, trashed all my potted orchids on my deck and then left. Then they called the police and claimed that I had physically assaulted them. The police came. They didn't care about the massive bruise and cuts on my head. They didn't care about the vandalism to my property. They didn't check the kids for any physical harm. They didn't ask me what had happened. They didn't speak to the neighbors who had witnessed everything that had happened.They simply arrested me for assault. They held me in the city jail for 16 hours before the judge reprimanded them and cleared me of all charges. It was just another fine job done by the police who always claim they are justified in their actions. The city ended up paying me dearly for this arrest and denial of medical care.

Yep, they did their job...perhaps a little too well.
They always do their job, and their actions are always justified. :rolleyes:
.... It was just another fine job done by the police who always claim they are justified in their actions. The city ended up paying me dearly for this arrest and denial of medical care.
That's awful, I'm not a sue happy person at all, but there are exceptions & this is one!

Sounds like it turned into one of the Texas shooting ranges.
yep or - safari without going to Africa. I can understand the predators but a giraffe or camel?

Well what do you expect? Your former vice-president shot his friend in the face in a cage filled with lame birds, then his friend said it was his fault. When you have a v-p like that, don't ever call the cops. :evil:

To give the giraffe or camel a bye, would not of been fair,
to the lions, tigers, and bears.

Thank you. It's a much harder and complicated job than most can imagine. It's like doing brain surgery on a moving target.

It is, and yet some of the dumbest, most obstinate people I've ever met in my life have been police officers. There should be minimum IQ requirements and much higher standards overall.

Anyway, I'll give it a rest after this. I just want to say, "Great job, oh dear police officers! You too, Jack Hanna! When Bengal Tigers become extinct someday, your bravery and heroism will be remembered in the history books right along with the cowardice of Terry Thompson." :(

Real heroes are measured by the brave and often self-sacrificing choices they make and not by the sizes of their hats or the number of bullets they manage to fire off at wildlife in the heat of the moment. Creative problem solving is apparently a dying art form in this nation, and doling out death from the barrel of a gun is far too often the quick and easy solution chosen by those in positions of authority.

I heard a little about this before I left but this is the first time I've had to see/hear the story. The actions by the police seem a little heavy-handed, but at least Jim-Bob can say he and Skeeter got some big game! :mad: A very sad day. BTW, ferrets are exotic animals also!

Latest posts

Back