Phrag Grande 'Atratum'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Huge plant with 4 or 5 flowering size growths....No, one average spike but the flower is nice.

DSCN1520.jpg

Dear Roy,
Phrag. Grande var. Atratum was shown the first time 1894 in Gardeners' Chronicle. The parents should be Phrag. longifolium var. roezlii and the so named Phrag. caudatum roseum.
Phrag. caudatum roseum is a synonym of Phrag. warscewiczii (also named warscewiczianum or popowii).

Have you perhaps a picture of the staminode of your plant? Do you know where the plant came from?

Best greetings

Olaf

Hello Olaf, thanks for the info. I will get a pic of the staminode for you, hopefully without the blurred pic this time. I bought the plant from a grower I've know for years but unaware of its origins before he obtained it. Unfortunately he has gone to the big orchid house in the sky so I can't ask him now.
I have a supposed plant of Phrag longifolium var Roezlii but can't get the thing to flower. I called it supposed as the commercial nursery from which it came ( now closed) has in recent years been found to been a little incorrect in their labelling ( maybe why they closed down )

Dear Roy,
the staminode looks really like a cross with Phrag. warcsewizii (or popowii or warscewiczii)
It seems so that it is really the same like the Phrag. Grande Atratum

Best greetings

Olaf

Latest posts

Back