Phrag. Fairy-Tale Pink

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paramount! the word was they're waiting to grow them up! If I wanted full grown, i.e. Expensive, plants then that would be good for me! If you have an in find out if they will release some early and I'll come make arrangements.

I'll ask Chuck about them next time I'm there...

I dont understand why its so hard to get Phrags from Canadian vendors!? First it was that nonsense with that Kimberly person, than this. $#!+.. :mad:

I'm surprised you're having trouble getting plants from Paramount, Eric - that isn't normal. I assume you're not trying to get them now, right? They won't ship in the winter, for obvious reasons.

Eric: Too bad you are having trouble getting plants from Canadian vendors. Of course, as Joanne wrote, shipping plants is difficult in winter .

Maybe the problem is that vendors don't answer quickly to you E-mails? I had a lot of trouble with many of them...some canadian vendors never answer to my E-mails. Some grower answer only if I return the same E-mail every few days for a long time... I learned that some vendors never answer if I ask for a plant they don't have in their greenhouses... One vendor answers me 9 months after I sent a message!!)

And BTW I found Kimberly to be a very kind person....she was always answering quickly to my request!!!!

That's a really sweet flower -- I think I should try to make this cross, as I have both parents in bloom right now...

Backgrounds -- It's pretty clear I prefer black. Black is a void, and doesn't compete with the flower. I don't mind a dark blue, but this blue seems too intense and distracts my eye from the flower.

Eric: Too bad you are having trouble getting plants from Canadian vendors. Of course, as Joanne wrote, shipping plants is difficult in winter .

Maybe the problem is that vendors don't answer quickly to you E-mails? I had a lot of trouble with many of them...some canadian vendors never answer to my E-mails. Some grower answer only if I return the same E-mail every few days for a long time... I learned that some vendors never answer if I ask for a plant they don't have in their greenhouses... One vendor answers me 9 months after I sent a message!!)

And BTW I found Kimberly to be a very kind person....she was always answering quickly to my request!!!!

Hey! What about me? I answer quickly.

Plus, shipping is no problem in the winter if the plants are sent via courier, not through the mail. I use FedEx. The vendor simply drops off the package at the depot and the customer picks the package up at the other end at their local depot. The package is marked "Hold for Pick-up", so that it does not go out on a cold truck and won't be left at your door in the cold. I've never had trouble using this method. I just don't know why so many people say that you can't ship in the winter; you can, with confidence that all will be well. Of course, you need to choose a fast service, like overnight; or 2nd day air. Never choose ground service.

Eric, what "Kimberly person"? Is this an employee of Paramount; or, a different vendor altogether?

Sorry to learn that you've had troubles. Anything but respectful service and prompt communication, is totally unacceptable. Although, I must disagree with your assertion that it's a "Canadian" thing. I've had more than enough really crappy service from US orchid companies. But, I think it's got nothing to do with nationality. It's got more to do with the fact that a lot of orchid companies in both our countries get started by hobbyists who evolved into vendors. Many of them know how to grow orchids and all the practical things needed to produce a nice plant; but, they have no skills or training in the field of customer service and/or successful marketing.

Also, many places (in Canada and the USA), are just not interested in the red tape involved with exporting. So, it helps a lot to explain right away that you are not wanting them to export to you......but, you would have them ship your order to a Canadian address and you'd pick it up there. I've found that makes vendors a lot more interested in having your business and their attitude vastly improves.

Sorry John!!! You have the gold medal for answering quickly! Really :):)
and it is always a pleasure to read you!:):)

(And I will give a gold medal to Forestview and CR Orchids too)

I wrote that I have trouble with many vendors. Not all of them. And that is only about E mails. Not about their plants. But unfortunatly I think that a lot of canadian vendors just hate computers!

John, Kimberly was a Prag/Paph vendor from Manitoba. She is out of business since 2010.

I almost thot that it was 2 different flowers. I am partial to the black background, but the blue really makes the dark pink color stand out.

Back