Paph.canhii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one I took the photo in the wild one year earlier

2011.jpg

One year later (photo from my friend)

2012.jpg

This one I took the photo in the wild one year earlier

2011.jpg

One year later (photo from my friend)

2012.jpg

Unfortunately it is not one year later on the second photo, it is about 2-3 months only, maximum. The flower spike on the second photo can be seen emerging in the crown on the first one, add to that that the leaves on the plants did not grow much between the two.

The mosses and the other plants did barely grow between the two photos, and those are fast growing things... The dead leaf on the right side of the photo did not move nor decompose either, the dead flower spike on the upper right plant did not change, break down or anything between the two photos as well.

This year, only very few plants were collected and offered for sale in Vietnam, that's why nearly no one shows photos of plants in bloom this year.

Edit the EXIF photo informations from the camera are as follow :

photo 2011.jpg : 9th of december 2010 nikon D200 camera
photo 2012.jpg : 12th of april 2011 canon EOS

So they are indeed 4 months between the two photos, not one year, and unfortunately not this year...

On the pics it looks like they grow on a calcium stone

what is the plant in the down line of the oics looks like a paph too but something bigger.

photo 2011.jpg : 9th of december 2010 nikon D200 camera
photo 2012.jpg : 12th of april 2011 canon EOS

So they are indeed 4 months between the two photos, not one year, and unfortunately not this year...

Maybe Mr. Canh meant, "photo taken the next year...". Anyway, I'm hoping to get some one day and therefore hope the colonies/supplies are doing OK.

The foliage is stunning! Wonderful! :smitten:

On the pics it looks like they grow on a calcium stone
interesting how people can see things differently, to me it looks like they're growing on a tree. :)

Yes, simply I just want to say: first photo when it not have flower yet and the next one they have flower and everything still untouched.

Back