Paph. Babyface 'Lu Lu'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this plant but it is definitely not Paph. Baby Face. It looks predominantly of barbigerum (the foliage even looks very small), yet there is no barbigerum in Paph. Baby Face. Most likely this is 50% barbigerum + another species or near primary cross. The parents are Saint Ouens Bay x Magic Mood, which are both standard round flowered complex.

If this was AOS judged the judges must not have bothered looking up the parental history!

OOOOPS!
Bet there are some red faces if any are reading this!
One would think that it would be automatic to check the parentage to avoid an error like this.
Last time I clerked, one of the judges, for ribbon judging, felt a plant had to be Brs. Little Stars or David Sanders because if it was one of the species, as claimed, there was no way it would have that number of flowers. I think she settled for a 2nd or 3rd but no way a 1st for that reason, which I respect & understand but how would the exhibitor know that was why?

Paph Baby Face is different than Paph Babyface, which is the recently awarded one, above. Babyface is 1/2 barbigerum. Don't you love orchid names?

Well the information I have on Paph. Babyface 'Lu Lu' CCM/AOS is that the cross is
P.Via Muchos Ninos X barbigerum, and P. Via Muchos Ninos has in it's parentage P. insigne, spicerianum, villosum, don't know if that would change anything...... Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back